Climate Change Science Tool Kit
- The US EPA offers Basic Information about climate change, including a Climate Change 101 video, climate change indicators, Fact Sheets, and FAQ. [Click here.]
- The Union of Concerned Scientists is the leading science-based nonprofit working for a healthy environment and a safer world. UCS combines independent scientific research and citizen action to develop innovative, practical solutions and to secure responsible changes in government policy, corporate practices, and consumer choices. The Union of Concerned Scientists’ website offers Global Warming 101. Put simply, they pose three questions:
- What is global warming? Think of a blanket, covering the Earth…
- What causes global warming? We do.
- Who can reduce global warming? We can.
- The Pew Center on Global Climate Change (now known as the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES)). C2ES provides independent analysis and innovative solutions to address the climate and energy challenge. [Click here] for a good overview of Climate Change
- Environmental Defense Fund offers a good overview of Global Warming Facts.
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
is the leading international body for the assessment of climate change. It was established by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) to provide the world with a clear scientific view on the current state of knowledge in climate change and its potential environmental and socio-economic impacts
- Heating the Earth: A Guide to Global Warming Offers a good overview with additional links. (submitted by an interested youth! Thank you.)
Evidence of climate change right here in Ohio?
Watch this video to find out and see how we can take steps to become more aware of our energy use and more knowledgeable about the changes we observe.
By the end of the century, Ohio summers may feel like those of current-day Arkansas.
See the map here!
Economic Impacts of Climate Change on Ohio report from University of Maryland, Center for Integrative Environmental Research, July 2008
The Conclusion of the Report states: