A religious response that saves energy, money and creation
OhIPL, working with energy audit firms located through the state, is offering three levels of energy audits to congregations to assess energy usage, determine improvements, and assist in project cost and decision-making. Typical energy audits reduce energy use 15%-35% and sometimes more!
The following are the levels of Energy Audits offered by the OhIPL Energy Audit Program:
- Assessment of facility energy costs and efficiency by analyzing energy bills and conducting a brief on-site survey of the building.
- Level 1 will provide a savings and cost analysis of low-cost/no-cost measures along with a discussion of any changes to operation and maintenance procedures.
- It will provide a listing of potential capital improvements that merit further consideration.
- This audit includes a more detailed building survey and energy analysis.
- A breakdown of the energy use within the building is provided.
- A Level 2 Audit will identify and provide the savings and cost analysis of all practical measures, low-cost/no-cost and capital improvements.
- It will identify the capital-intensive improvements that require more thorough data collection and analysis.
- Larger buildings will be modeled with computer simulation.
- This level focuses on potential capital-intensive projects identified in Level 2.
- Involves more detailed field data gathering and rigorous engineering analysis.
- Detailed project cost and savings calculations with a high level of confidence sufficient for major capital investment decisions is provided.
- A schematic design is offered for viable projects and all audits in this level will use computer simulation models.
For more information about the Energy Audit Pilot Program, loans, and fees, contact Craig Foster, OhIPL Technical Consultant, at 614-940-6274 or email@example.com.
Or fill out the Contact Us form indicate your interest in Energy Audits.
[Click here for a flyer] about the OhIPL Energy Audit Pilot Program
Below are some quick links about energy audits and how to reduce your carbon footprint
- OhIPL Energy Stewards Program You can track your congregation’s energy usage through the OhIPL Energy Stewards™ program. [Check it out!]
- [Do It Yourself Energy Audit for Congregations] (provided by Kansas IPL)
- [Do It Yourself Energy Audit Checklist] (provided by national Interfaith Power and Light)
- Build your congregation’s energy profile and begin tracking your energy use and savings by setting up the EPA Portfolio Manager energy use profile system.
- Calculate the carbon footprint of your congregation or household by visiting www.coolcongregations.com, or view the video below. (The earlier national IPL contest deadline has passed, but the calculators work year round.)