Our programs seek to help you put your faith into action by providing: RESOURCES about the care of creation and the climate change crisis; useful tools for REDUCING YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT; and TAKE ACTION opportunities that encourage energy sustainability and protects the well-being of the most vulnerable.
We offer educational and spiritual resources for faith communities interested in becoming involved in a religious response to climate change and environmental stewardship issues.
- Our website Resources pages include faith-based resources, climate change resources, Click here.
- Earthkeeping Webinar Series: New! To begin in the Fall of 2012, this series will provide educational Webinars on a variety of Earthkeeping topics. Click here.
- Green Sermons: An archive of sermons by Ohio religious leaders and national leaders. Click here.
REDUCING YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT
We offer a variety of options for faith communities and persons of faith to reduce their carbon footprint through energy efficiency, energy conservation, and the use of renewable energy sources.
- Energy Stewards : an online tool to track the history and changes in your congregation’s energy use
- Energy Audits : Offers three levels of energy audits are provided to assess energy usage
- Cool Harvest Resources
- Shop IPL: OhIPL members can receive discounts on energy efficient products, including Energy Star appliances from Sears, by visiting www.shopipl.org.
There are many ways you can put your faith into action. In addition to personal choices, Interfaith Power and Light advocates for public policies on a broad range of issues with the goal of caring for creation.
- Congregational Highlights: Stories about congregations taking action to reduce their carbon footprint
- Public Policy Statements
- State and Federal Initiatives